Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What a gift...

So I figured that I (John) should add a post every now and then. Up to this point my contribution to this blog was just setting it up. So here goes....

Yesterday I listened to the monthly conference call. Our adoption agency does these monthly conference calls for everyone who is in the waiting stage. It is a chance for us to hear what is going on with our agency, the children's home in Ethiopia, changes in government procedures and so on. We call in and then hear the updates and then have a chance to ask questions. I missed the live call but they record it and send a link of it for those who couldn't call in live.

Nothing new really to report other than it seems like the 9-11 month waiting period from our DTE might actually drop into the 8-11 month range. Small blessing but a blessing never the less. The agency worker did not say this for a fact but I am drawing that conclusion from some of the comments and the fact that their have been so many referrals this month. I am not getting my hopes up though. She mentioned that it was pretty safe at this point to add nine months to your DTE for when you can expect your referral. That puts us in the first part of November. Then she mentioned that you can add two months from then for a court date. That is about how long it has been consistently taking from the time you agree to adopt the child to get a court date in Ethiopia. So that puts us traveling in the first part of January.

I am hoping that it is a little bit quicker. As I process it, I think it would be pretty special to travel around Christmas. Talk about a gift huh! We celebrate the amazing gift that humanity was given in the form of baby Jesus at Christmas. How awesome would it be for Nicole and I to be given an amazing gift in the form of baby Yoshi! I am not getting my hopes up but it is fun to think about!

For now...back to waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment